Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Blog Post #27: The rebellion starting in Catching Fire

So right now I am half way done with Catching Fire and now the rebellion or uprising is starting. I wonder why everything started all of a sudden. District 8 was the one who started the idea of this uprising. District 8 didn't seem like a district that would be the one to start an uprising since during the games, Katniss or Peeta didn't kill an tributes from there, and this district wasn't always talked about. If I were to predict which district would start an uprising, I would guess District 11. I would expect District 11 to start an uprising because one of their tributes in the last games, Rue, were killed by one of the Careers and since she was the youngest in the whole games, (she was 12 at the time) and this was considered sort of a murder (which it technically was) of the Capitol, because the reason why she died was because the Capitol created this messed up game. 


This uprising starts a whole series of events. I forgot exactly what happens after all this but I do know this all eventually leads to a rebellion and the discovery of the secret underground district that should have been destroyed years ago, District 13. I think that this kind of society would definitely lead to actions like this. I can never imagine America as a country other than a free democracy, let alone a country where people are killed in the street and kids are picked every year to kill each other as a television program!!! I think if an uprising like this would ever happen in America, the government would never punish us by getting the police to kill us off in the streets, since the U.S. is pretty organized now, I think the only time when this would ever happen here is if the condition of the world is so bad where we would have to go into a phase or way of life where everything is limited and the rules are extremely strict.



No comments:

Post a Comment