Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blog Post #14: Glass by Ellen Hopkins- Book Review

***SPOILER ALERT***

I have recently finished the book Glass by Ellen Hopkins. I'm kinda doing an appreciation but just in my own way. In this book, Kristina/Bree gets herself wrapped up in a world of trouble. She gets kicked out of her house, her mom takes away her own baby, the cops catch her and her boyfriend with drugs, and at the end of the book... she gets arrested!!!

This book left you with a cliff hanger. It left you with Kristina getting ready for trial, and she's thinking about the future, what's going to happen in the trial, and what's going to happen if she really does get throw in jail. I apprciated that the book left you thinking about what is going to happen to her, it sort of leaves you to draw your own ending, but there is a third book in this series! I was thinking that in the next book Kristina gets thrown into jail because of all the evidence and witnesses. For one thing, the crystal meth the cops found in her car, and if the cops do blood tests on her and her boyfriend, they are obviously going to find drugs in their bodies. Another thing that will present evidence to the judge is her own mom. Her mom felt as if she was an unfit mother and pressed charges on her as well, so I'm pretty sure her mom isn't going to help Kristina this time.

What I didn't like about the ending of this book is the cliff hanger as well. It can be a good thing, you can draw your own ending, but for me, knowing there is another book in the series keeps me wondering, if what I am predicting is correct. It also makes me wonder what else is going to happen in the next book? Will life for Kristina get EVEN WORSE than it already is?!?!? The pressure makes me think about all the things that can happen in the next book. I had a lot of predictions. One was that her boyfriend Trey, is going to dump her because her relationships never last because she gets involved with the wrong people, another was that she is definetely going to jail and her mom is going to continue taking care of her son, Hunter. I think there might be another boy she likes in the next book because once Bree takes over again, there is always a boy she like worships.

Overall, I think there are many pros and cons to this ending of the book. I really can't wait to start reading the next book and see if what I thought was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment