I read many blog posts this week and once I read Josephine's blog post I knew this was the blog post I am going to write about. Josephine's Blog Post about Hatchet really made me want to read it. It started out very strong and made me want to keep on reading.
Josephine's post made me really want to read the book because of how she written the post. First she told us a little retell on the book, and she gave us a basic retell but didn't give too much away. And since the story is very interesting itself, it made me want to keep reading to find out more of the book, the issues in it, the hard things, and more about the characters. Also, this post makes me want to read the book Hatchet, because Josephine sort of...lets us into the characters emotions in the post. She tells us about the character Brian, and she also made connections between all the events that happened in the book, and it kind of strings everything along. It makes you want to grab onto that line and read till' you reach the very end to see what happens.
In the post Josephine says that the book gave a message from the experience Brian went through when he was trying to land the plane. She made a connection between what happened in that situation and the real world, and she said, "No matter what the trouble or crisis, all we have to do is to be determined and optimistic in order to reach our goal." I think this was a really strong message because it makes you think about believing in yourself and trusting your instincts. It also makes me think about self esteem. I also like this book because, in a way, I can relate to it. I also have doubt in myself a lot, and this post makes me think if I should just listen to myself sometimes.
This post is very engaging. When you read the first few lines it keeps you reading even more, it's like when you're watching a horror movie and there's a noice that comes out of nowhere, you want to keep watching, to figure out what happened. This post keeps you engaged because of the way it is written. In the post, Josephine gives you a little retell on the book to let you see if this is your type of read or not, then she starts introducing what she is writing about, in a straight forward way. And since I'm a teen, we kinda like things that are just told to us without any discussion. Also, she quotes the book a lot and explains her thoughts after every quote, so you kind of get a sense of how the book is written, what words are used. And she also uses very inteligent language in her post too!
What I would take away from reading this post is how it is written. I want people to read my posts and leave good comments for them, so I want to use the language Josephine used to pull readers in. Also, I want to start using different formats for the way my posts are written because I noticed most of my posts are written the same way. First retell, then opinion, then the message, and how it relates to the world. Maybe some people don't read it because it is to, "planned out," and I want the readers to be more interested so I want to make my posts more engaging. Another thing I would take away from her post would be, to add more quotes directly from the book. I don't seem to have a lot of quotes and I think I should be adding more of that to let readers get a feel of how the book is written, so my posts can encourage more people to read the book I am reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment